Monday, April 20, 2009

Open Letter to Novant CEO Paul Wiles for his visit to PWHS, Monday 4/20/09

Dear Mr. Wiles,

Welcome back to Manassas.    We have some questions for you. 

Are you aware that PWHS employees are not receiving their annual cost of living / performance raises in 2009?   

Will the severance packages and stay bonuses going to executives come directly out of the 200 million Novant has pledged?

Novant is in the news for challenging / appealing the expansion of other health systems in North Carolina.   Do you think this will occur here in Northern Virginia?

Does Novant have policies on severance that will take effect at PWHS when we're part of the network?  What is the organization's philosophy on severance?   If a PWHS employee is no longer needed after a transition is made, what will the process be?  

------------

10 AM update:  local media spotted on the fourth floor - keep an eye out for articles.

12 PM update:  emails about how no reminder emails or overhead pages were made about the event this morning have come in.   

2 PM update:  multiple messages coming in about employees being denied by their supervisors to attend meet and greet with Mr Wiles.  

4 comments:

  1. My supervisor told me I could not go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Mr. Wiles respond to the questions? To hear that employees were denied the opportunity to attend and question the potential new leadership is appalling. I'd be curious to hear if more employee "meet and greet" forums will be held as a result. My guess? No.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not permitted to attend. My supervisor told me that "I've been empowered by Mary from Novant" and was allowed to keep me from going. Who is Mary from Novant and why is she already at our hospital and calling the shots? I can't tell you how upset I am about this. I guess I'll write to pwhnews a few more times and get no answer as usual.

    The story is in the news:

    http://www.insidenova.com/isn/news/local/article/health_systems_board_gives_update_on_hospital_partnership/34123/

    but none of the questions listed here are addressed. There will be a public forum in May. Like any of us will go, we know we'll be fired for speaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Day:

    I was off yesterday so I didn't get to go, but I can tell you that all of my supervisors had meetings with this Mary person too.

    ReplyDelete